Endocrinology department was organized in 2001. The department provides medical assistance to patients with various endocrine pathologies (diabetes mellitus, thyroid gland diseases, adrenal gland pathology, hypothalamic-pituitary area, reproductive system diseases). The department holds a school of "Health" for patients with diabetes mellitus, where patients get knowledge about dietary nutrition in diabetes, modern methods of treating diabetes, are trained in insulin injection techniques. The Endocrinology Department is the clinical base of the Department of Endocrinology of the Irkutsk State Medical University (Head of the Chair is Dr. LM Khamnueva, MD).
The basic medical-diagnostic technologies in the department:
- application of the system of prolonged monitoring of glucose level of CGMS in patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes;
- introduction of methods of gravitational surgery in the treatment of acute conditions in patients with diabetes mellitus;
- the use of radiotherapy in patients with endocrine ophthalmopathy;
- desensitizing therapy for allergies to insulin preparations;
- use of the preparation of the synsetizer for insulin - Roglit.
- patients with diabetes mellitus with terminal stage of chronic renal failure receive renal replacement therapy;
- Preparing for surgical treatment of patients with: toxic goiter, pituitary tumors, adrenal glands, pancreas, followed by postoperative correction of the hormonal background.
- round-the-clock monitoring of glycemia;
- determination of glycated hemoglobin HbA1c;
- definition of microalbuminuria;
- definition of hormonal profile;
- gamma scintigraphy of thyroid glands;
- computer tomography of the brain, abdominal organs, incl. adrenal glands;
- nuclear magnetic resonance imaging of the pituitary gland;
- multispiral computed tomography (MRI) of the brain, abdominal organs, including adrenal glands;
- ultrasound duplex study of the vessels of the lower extremities, kidneys, extracranial vessels;
- diagnostic tests with medicinal preparations, physical activity;
- Angiography for diagnosis of endocrine gland diseases;
- functional tests for the diagnosis of hormonally active tumors of the endocrine system.
- Address: city Irkutsk, Yubileiny 100, 4 floor.
- No. tel .: ordinatorskaya 8 (395) 2 - 40-76-51, head of the department. office - 46-21-03.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalia Petrovna Tokareva
Post: Head of endocrinology department
Phone: 8- (3952) -40-76-35