The cardiology department was organized in 1974 on the initiative of the head of the hospital therapy department of Irkutsk State Medical Institute prof. KR Sedova. Currently, not only residents of the Irkutsk Region, but also other regions of the Russian Federation (Zabaikalsky Krai, the Republic of Buryatia) are being treated in the department. The cardiology department provides medical care to patients with various cardiovascular diseases. The department holds a school for patients with arterial hypertension, where patients get knowledge about modern methods of treatment of cardiovascular diseases, they are taught how to measure blood pressure.
The Cardiology Department is the clinical base of the Department of Hospital Therapy of the Irkutsk State Medical University (Head of the Department Prof. Orlov G.M.), where students, interns, residents, cardiologists and therapists of the Irkutsk Region, Republic of Buryatia are trained.
The basic medical-diagnostic technologies in the department:
- acute coronary syndrome (thrombolytic therapy, percutaneous coronary angioplasty, stenting of coronary vessels);
- chronic ischemic heart disease, incl. stenting of the coronary arteries;
- refractory arterial hypertension 2-3 degrees;
- heart rhythm disturbances and conduction;
- coronary angiography and stenting of coronary vessels;
- electrical and medical cardioversion;
- temporary pacing;
- UZS of the heart and abdominal organs;
- loading tests;
- stress-echocardiography cardiography;
- radionuclide and transesophageal methods of heart examination;
- the definition of markers of myocardial necrosis.
- Address: city Irkutsk, Yubileiny 100, 3 floor.
- № tel .: head. the department - 40-78-77, the ordinarian - 40-76-54.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post: Head of Cardiology Department
Phone: 8- (3952) -40-78-77